May Favorites

6:33 PM Kelsey 2 Comments

 Hello humans!!! I know, I know it's been months but schools almost out so I will definitely make up for the lack of posts this summer! Anyway, today I thought I would talk about my favorite things from May. I've seen beauty bloggers and YouTubers do this and it always looks so fun. SO disclaimer this will have basically nothing to do with beauty(as I don't really wear makeup) it will just be made up of my favorite things(foods, books, pieces of clothing, music, TV, etc) from last month! So without further ado my May favorites!
  1. So I was fortunate enough to use some money from my savings to buy myself a new computer after basically fighting with my old one. I was able to buy myself a MacBook Pro and I absolutely ADORE it! I previously had a Dell and PCs are just too high maintenance for me. My Mac was definitely on the higher side of the price spectrum but I think it was worth it. I still have to transfer most of my stuff from old my computer but I don't have the patience.
  2. Now this next fave of mine has been a long time coming, Taylor Swift. I have a long complicated history with this pop queen. I was OBSESSED with her when her self titled came out when I was in the 6th grade. But then I thought I was "too good" for pop music. When 1989 came out I was automatically hooked and listened to it for like 2 days straight. I recently was able to get her discography and I love it. My favorite albums have to be Red and 1989. Not to mention she's adorable and has a killer fashion sense. She is 100% lifestyle/fashion/hair/existence goals.
    **
  3. Recently I went from regular nerd to full on nerd after my friend Natalie got me into comic books. Comic books have quickly become one of favorite things. I am slowly but surely building my own little collection which makes me super happy. My favorite at the moment are; Princess Leia(mini series), Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, and Black Widow. I recently bought A-Force and 2 Star Wars Rebel Heists.
  4. If you didn't already know I LOVE early 2000's teen dramas, whether it be One Tree Hill, Laguna Beach, or The Hills(my absolute favorite). Recently I found seasons 1 and 2 of The OC and let me tell you it is everything I had hoped and more. Seth Cohen is the man of my emo dreams and the flimsy story lines fill me with happiness. The soundtrack is incredible and almost as good as that of The Hills. 
  5. So I've recently gotten back into devouring books like I used to which makes me so happy and one of the books I finished last week was Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel by Sara Farizan. Recently I've been craving books about girls who like other girls because I've read far too many heteronormative books. And this one defiantly delivered, it also had some super rad twists that I was not expecting. The way it was written at certain parts annoyed me a little but I enjoyed the characters and it was a good, quick read. 
    *
  6. Last but in no least is Halsey. Pictures of her had been popping up all over my dash and then I saw her in a post of queer up and coming artists and decided to give her a listen. And I am obsessed. She only has 1 EP out right now(Room 93) and her first full length comes out in the fall I believe. Her music is like indie pop I guess but I really like it. My favorite song off the EP is "Is There Someone" I listened to it on repeat for like 2 hours the other day. Not to mention she's adorable and from what I can tell a stellar human.
    *
So those are my May favorites!!! I think I might start doing this sort of post monthly it was fun talking about things I enjoy. Again, sorry I was gone for so long school wraps up for the term on Tuesday so after that I should be more active. I plan on taking tons of pictures this summer and posting them here. Also once I finish my newest photo project I plan on posting it here! Thank you for reading and I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and feeling happy!!

* These photos were found on Google and I do not own them

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!!! Very important question: which Taylor song is your favorite? (You can narrow it down to one from each album if you need to, that's the only way I can split it up) I love you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sam that means so much!!! I honestly have to say Red and 1989 are my favorites, Red is super emotional and I love that it doesn't feel very country to me. I think i have to say State of Grace is my favorite I adore it(also All Too Well gets me every time).

      Delete